Oh the ruts we get into…
Dirt road ruts,
While the ruts on the roads are easy to notice, life’s ruts are often more subtle. Most of the time we don’t even notice we are in one until something happens that points our nose right at it.
Boredom, low energy, depression and an increase in any addictive behaviors (and yes, they can be those sneaky things like binge watching TV/movies/Youtube, over eating, escaping into reading, getting lost in Facebook and the list goes on) are often indicators that it’s time to have a closer look at your habitual life patterns.
Springtime is the perfect season for this endeavor. As nature re-awakens, more energy is available, allowing your focus to move from introspection to growth and expansion.
You can be creative in endless ways: in your home, cooking, art, music, spending time in nature etc. Often though, even if you find something that is initially juicy and creative, over time those habits and routines may lose their sparkle and freshness, leaving you with “another thing to do”…
This week focus on an area where you have gotten into a bit of a rut and put some conscious attention on making some creative shifts.
- If you are always walking in the same area, pick 3 new locations or change your route.
- If you are cooking the same things over and over, experiment with 3 new recipes.
- If you are doing the same type of exercise, look up something new on Youtube and try it out.
- Check your closet and see if you can come up with 3 new combos in your wardrobe.
- Is there a new hairstyle you could experiment with, a different activity for date night, a media free evening or weekend?
Start with something that is easy.
Enroll family and friends.
Talk more, play more, explore more!
Feel the excitement of “new” and “fresh” that occurs when more life force courses through your body and elicits that beautiful smile of yours – naturally without effort.
Ruts, be gone!
Let me know in your comments below what you are discovering.
If you find some challenges in creating this change in perspective for yourself, let’s have a conversation and explore how I can support you in making this happen.